Privates: Ex Marks the Spot is the first miniseries of It's All Been Done Radio Hour. It is a spoof of noir detective stories, with rapid-fire puns, double entendre, and other word play. It premiered in September 2018 and ran through April 2019.
Installments air in mostly-consecutive months and makeup one complete story, told in chapters. It's running time is between five and ten minutes per segment, longer than a typical Radio Hour commercial, but shorter than a normal segment. The miniseries was named retroactively, at the end of the run. The lead character is Jake Cotton, and his mission is to find the missing leopard of his ex-girlfriend, Dame Judy Bench.
Kristin Green composed and performed the music that runs over Jake's monologues.
Due to the reception of the first run, in December 2019, a second miniseries of more typical-length episodes began.
- Jake Cotton played by Keith Jackson. Jake is dedicated to the job, and has a weakness for certain women, especially Judy. He knows he shouldn't still hold a torch for her, but he can't help himself, even though he dumped her.
- Frank Berry played by Shane Stefanchik. The ex-boyfriend of Cordelia Bench, Frank is a scam artist who seems to like Jake, though Jake detests Frank.
- Dame Judy Bench played by Kristin Green. Jake's ex-girlfriend and a woman of wealth, as is her whole family. She has a pet leopard and a hard time letting go of Jake, who didn't defer to her like other men have.
- Dame Cordelia Bench played by Samantha Stark. Judy's rich, eccentric mother.
- Johan played by Dan Condo. Cordelia's man-servant.
Privates: Ex Marks the Spot (Season One)
|1||1||Chapter One||Jerome Wetzel||Nick Arganbright||Show XXXIX||193|
|2||2||Chapter Two||Jerome Wetzel||Nick Arganbright||Show XL||198|
|3||3||Chapter Three||Jerome Wetzel||Nick Arganbright||Show XLI||202|
|4||4||Chapter Four||Jerome Wetzel||Kristin Green||Show XLIII|
|5||5||Chapter Five||Jerome Wetzel||Nick Arganbright||Show XLV|
|6||6||Chapter Six||Jerome Wetzel||Nick Arganbright||Show XLVI|
|7||2||"Ex Mas"||Jerome Wetzel||Chase McCants||Show LIV|
Sometimes Radio Hour performs reruns of classic episodes for special shows, outside of their monthly ones, since time to write and rehearsal is limited. The scripts are usually changed slightly. These are also released on the podcast feed. Here are all the re-runs performed for Privates:
|1||"Chapter One"||Columbus Arts Festival 2019|
|2||"Chapter Two"||Columbus Arts Festival 2019|